When it comes to owning a car, it can be tempting to invest your savings into making it look its best by slowly adding new features and upgrades, such as brand new alloy wheels. Over time, a vehicle’s wheels can experience wear and tear and start to lose their value, so it’s in your hands when you want to repair or replace them for good.
Once you’ve purchased better alloys, you have to go out of your way to maintain them to ensure your investment lasts for the years to come and you get to enjoy your ride for a longer period. As such, it’s essential to clean and manage the upkeep of your car and its alloy wheels often.
Keep reading below to find out how to preserve the excellent condition of your vehicle’s alloy wheels by learning effective ways to clean them properly.
How to Clean Your Alloy Wheels
In order to continue benefiting from a well-maintained car, you have to spend some of your free time cleaning it a few times a month. While it will require you to get your hands dirty, the fulfilment you gain when you see a spotless and shining set of alloys ultimately beats the feeling of being tired after a hard polishing session.
While having a polished vehicle is essential to keep its pleasing appearance, it’s crucial to maintain the condition of your alloy wheels to keep it secure and extend its lifespan. You will need to prepare the right cleaning equipment before beginning.
The cleaning materials you need:
· Bucket of water
· Wheel cleaning brush
· Washing mitt
· Wheel polish
· Cleaning solution
While you are free to use whatever cleaning solution you want, it’s much better to choose products that are designed for the job of cleaning your alloys to ensure you get the best results. The same goes for selecting the proper polish for your wheels, which should be explicitly made for them.
Steps to cleaning your alloy wheels:
1. The first thing you need to do to maintain the cleanliness of your car is to get the hose. Turn on the water and spray your vehicle’s alloys to eliminate the buildup of dirt, debris, stones, and other particles stuck to the wheels.
2. When you’ve finally loosened the grime on your alloy wheels, use your washing mitt and apply a cleaning formula before wiping them up.
3. Using a cleaning brush, spread the solution properly and make sure you target all the nooks and crannies of your wheels to prevent missing a spot.
4. Once you’re done removing all the dirt and don’t see any more traces of grime anywhere on your alloy wheels, you can get the hose and spray clean water to rinse them.
5. After rinsing your wheels, it’s time to apply the polish to keep them looking shiny and in good condition. Using the wheel polish, apply a small drop directly on the alloys and spread them around with a soft clean cloth.
It’s not enough to make an initiative to clean your car’s alloy wheels only when you feel like it. It has to be several times a month, especially if you use your vehicle a lot and always come home with new dirt and stains stuck to your wheels. Failing to remove stones, sand, and other particles could damage your wheels and lead you to seek an alloy wheel refurbishment.
Every car owner knows how valuable their vehicles are because they spent their hard-earned money on acquiring the ride of their dreams. If you have alloy wheels installed into your car and you want them to last for a long time, you should make an effort to maintain your vehicle, clean it regularly, and place great importance on caring for its alloy wheels.
Are you looking for a service that can perform professional wheel refurbishment for your vehicle in Essex? Wicked Rims is a wheel refurbishment company that provides a full range of services using high-quality equipment. Get in touch with us today to discuss any concerns about your wheels!