There is nothing more fulfilling than transforming the look of your much-beloved car into something more personalised. When it comes to this, you need to opt for powder coating as a way to enhance the beauty of your vehicle.
For the uninitiated, powder coating is an advanced finishing process that can create a very tough finish on the chassis or even wheels. This method is popular in the automotive industry for vehicle owners who want to transform the look of their cars. With this, you can expect its entire body to have a visually appealing, highly durable, and high-quality finish.
Keep in mind that the proper care of your vehicle’s powdered surface is essential. This is mainly because the coatings applied can inevitably get exposed to the outdoor elements and weather conditions that can deteriorate it over time. Even improper cleaning can destroy this coating. For this reason, you have to know how to take good care of your car.
In this article, we will share a quick guide on how to clean the powdered-coated surface of your car:
Top tips in cleaning your car’s powder-coated surface
With proper cleaning and regular upkeep, you can extend the length of the service life of your fabricated product. Here’s what you need to do:
- Resort to pressure cleaning: Pressure washing can be the most efficient way of cleaning the coated surfaces of your car and getting rid of dust, dirt, and grime. Just be sure to set your pressure washer on a low-pressure setting, and use pure and uncontaminated water only.
- Use a mild soap and water solution: Cleaning your powder-coated vehicles must be done with a mild soap solution and warm water. Be sure to use soap that has emulsifiers to break down stains after which you can rinse with warm water. Ultimately, this solution will not be harsh on the vehicle’s surface.
- Avoid harsh chemical cleaners: Keep in mind that harsh solvents can significantly damage the powder coatings on your car. When the finish is ruined, the surface can become vulnerable to fading and staining. As mentioned above, just use a mild soap and water solution instead, which is best for cleaning your car and maintaining the longevity of its finish.
- Never use solvents and petroleum-based products: While they are very effective at removing dirt and grease from rough surfaces, they aren’t the right choice for powder-coated surfaces. The chances are that they can also remove the layers of your car’s finish.
- Use wax to protect the surfaces: As your finished surfaces come into contact with other objects, it’s best to have them treated with wax. All it takes is to apply a light coating of high-grade non-abrasive car wax and wipe off any globs that remain on the surface – it’s that simple and easy!
At this point, you now know what it takes to clean your car’s powdered-coated surface. Be sure to follow the cleaning tips outlined above—resort to pressure cleaning, use a mild soap and water solution, never use solvents and petroleum-based products, and use wax to protect the surfaces. With all these, you can expect to maintain the beauty and longevity of the powdered-coated surface of your car.
Ultimately, it’s best to work with a professional wheel refurbishment company for your vehicle’s powder coating. When it comes to applying this coating on your rims, our experts at Wicked Rims use a spray gun that electrostatically charges the powder, making it stick magnetically to your alloy wheels. This will give them a uniform coverage that is more resistant to corrosion and rusting.
We’re your go-to professional wheel refurbishment company in Essex, UK, specialising in alloy wheel refurbishment, powder coating, diamond cut, aluminium welding service, and straightening service. If you specifically need powder coating for your car’s wheels, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!